Airbus A350XWB-900 Fixed Trailing Edge
The most significant programme that Cascade Aerospace Engineering has been involved with, is the development programme for the Airbus A350XWB-900.
For this programme we supported a major risk sharing partner (RSP) develop the Fixed Trailing Edge for Airbus. We provided a structural analysis integration solution, where we were regularly embedded within our clients engineering team and provided structural analysis decision making capability. This included:
- Provision of lead engineers, approvers and onsite integration at Airbus.
- Co-ordination of the RSP supply chain from a technical perspective.
- Integration effort with interfacing RSPs as necessary.
- RSP Representative at many RSP/Airbus meetings.
- Assessment of sizing data provided through the RSP supply chain.
- Preparation, Support and presentation of PDR & CDR data.
- Approval of B-Scheme, C-Scheme/C-Maturity & DFM data.
- Assessment and development of structural design solutions for issues arising.
- Assessment of all PRA issues to develop philosophy through negotiation with the end customer and analysis as required to prove integrity.
- Compilation, checking and approval of reports, presentations and stress dossiers.
- Development of loads and stress Finite Element Models to show load paths (IFEM) and investigate in more detail (DFEM) areas of concern.
- Validation and verification of all models to ensure understanding.
- Analysis of sheet metal & integrally machined components.
- Analysis of composite structures.
- Traditional hand calculations as required to prove all primary components.
- Integration of major third party components.
- Designing out fatigue and damage tolerance issues early in the task.
- V&V activities across the FTE structure as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Definition of and support to Structural Testing.
- Report writing to end customer standard.