Boeing P-8A Pylons
Past packages of work carried out by CAE include structural analysis of stores pylons, where we provided full wrap-around structural analysis capability, integrated into our clients engineering team. This included:
- Development of loads and stress Finite Element Models to show load paths and investigate in more detail areas of concern.
- Validation and verification of all models to ensure understanding.
- Analysis of sheet metal assemblies & integrally machined components.
- Analysis of composite fairings.
- Traditional hand calculations as required to prove all primary components.
- Integration of major third party components.
- Designing out fatigue and damage tolerance issues early in the task.
- Development of a bird strike philosophy through negotiation with the end customer and analysis as required to prove integrity.
- Definition of and support to Structural Testing.
- Report writing to end customer standard.
Completing the task also involved working in the following manner:
- Primarily working at CAE’s offices, but regular on-site support as required ensuring communication of information and efficiency of working.
- Robust data transfer protocols, both technical and commercial.
- Robust change control process assisting the customer to identify and challenge changes as they arise.
- Acting as members of the clients teams and as the client customer facing personnel with regards all structural matters.
- Supporting internal reviews.
- Support of end customer reviews (both within the UK and abroad as required), especially the major gate reviews.